Delivering Electrical Safety to Your Home or Business
PAB Electrics are able to inspect and test your installation to the latest British Standards BS 7671:2008 (2015). This will ensure you are fully compliant with current legislation, if you're unsure of the process or how to ensure you’re covered our experienced team are able to take you through the process and answer any questions.
What are the electrical system inspection and testing requirements?
Any new electrical installation in support of Part P of the building regulations should be subject to an inspection and test schedule performed by a competent person and completed in accordance with BS7671:2008 (2015), the British Standard for electrical installations.
Every electrical installation deteriorates with use and time. Therefore, if the safety of the users is not to be put at risk, it is important that every installation is periodically inspected and tested by a competent person.
Indeed it is recommended in BS7671:2008 (2015) that every installation is subjected to periodic inspection and testing:-
- Domestic premises - every 10 years or on change of occupancy
- Rented accommodation - every 5 years or on change of occupancy
- Commercial premises - every 5 years or on change of occupancy
What happens during an electrical system inspection and test?
The inspection and test procedure will evaluate and report on the condition of an electrical installation to help ensure its safety.
It will assess the condition of the installation against current British Standards and include:-
- Visual Inspection of all circuits and protective devices
- Identification of any damaged electrical fittings and accessories including any exposed live parts
- Electrical testing to identify any unusually high resistance, insulation breakdown and poor earthing
- Provide a comprehensive report with a full list of results and if applicable, a classified list of defects and recommendations for remedial action
At PAB Electrics we believe in quality of service. To ensure our high standards are met, every customer is provided with a chance to fill out our survey after the completion of each job. We are so proud of our feedback we want to share it with you, our new customers!